Note - Affiliate links may be used in this post, including Amazon affiliate links. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you use my affiliate link. But don't worry, all the opinions expressed are my own!
Fall is coming!
Autumn will be here soon. And with it comes all sorts of beautiful things: cooler weather, cozy fires, delicious food, and so much more! In this post, we’ll look at some reasons to look forward to Autumn and a few ways to get ready before fall officially starts.
Autumn & coziness
I’ve always loved fall, but only in the past few years have I realized why… (Uncharacteristic lack of self-awareness there…) The beginning of Autumn marks the beginning of the coziest part of the year. As we go into fall and winter, the temperatures cool down, and the days get shorter. So we naturally start spending more time snuggled up and enjoying cozy moments.
Autumn encourages us to slow down
One of the things I love most about fall is how it encourages us to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life. A warm cup of coffee on a chilly morning. A cozy evening spent snuggled up in front of the fireplace. A leisurely walk through the park as the leaves crunch underfoot. These are the kinds of moments that make Autumn so special.
There’s no need to hurry when Autumn is in the air. We can take our time and savor big and small moments.
100 reasons why Autumn is the best
So if you’re anything like me, you’re probably eagerly counting down the days until Autumn finally arrives. But just in case you need a little reminder of why fall is the best season, here are 70 reasons to look forward to Autumn:
- The chilly evenings are perfect for cuddling up with a blanket and a good book.
- The vibrant colors of changing leaves are stunning against the backdrop of a clear autumn sky.
- Pumpkins everywhere!
- You can finally break out your cute fall wardrobe.
- Football season is back!
- The crisp fall air has a refreshing little bite to it.
- You can finally start using your fireplace again to warm your home and fill it with the cozy glow of a fire.
- As the days grow shorter, the nights become longer and cozier.
- Making a big pot of chili and having it all week long.
- Picking apples and then making pies, applesauce, or cider.
- The leaves aren’t the only things falling in Autumn… raindrops are too!
- Cute rain boots and coats.
- Autumn is the perfect time to go on a hike and enjoy the outdoors.
- There are so many fun autumn festivals to enjoy.
- The sound of leaves crunching under your feet.
- Open windows and a cool breeze are perfect for sleeping.
- Cozy blankets are a must.
- Autumn comfort food is the best kind of food.
- Hats, gloves, and scarves.
- Tailgating and football parties.
- You can finally start drinking hot chocolate again.
- The feeling of a fresh start that comes with the changing seasons.
- Pumpkin beer is back!
- Sitting around a bonfire.
- Pumpkin, apple, cinnamon, and nutmeg scented candles.
- Raking leaves and then jumping in the leaf pile!
- It’s time to get cozy in the kitchen, making all those cozy fall recipes you’ve wanted to try
- Decorating your home with pumpkins, gourds, and fall leaves.
- Carving pumpkins!
- Good, old-fashioned hayrides
- Corn mazes are so much fun to get lost in.
- Soups and stews just taste so much better this time of year.
- It’s fresh apple cider time again.
- That first chilly morning after a long, hot summer.
- The smell of fallen leaves and frost when you step outside
- Halloween candy!
- Decorating your front porch with pumpkins and mums.
- All the fall colors: oranges, reds, purples, browns, and greens
- Cozy, oversized sweaters
- Roasting marshmallows and making smores!
- The steady sound of rain tapping against the windows.
- Wearing cozy flannel shirts.
- Going on a hayride and snuggling up with a blanket.
- Taking a walk in the woods and admiring all the different colors of leaves.
- Baking pumpkin pies, apple pies, and everything in between.
- The smell of wood fires burning.
- Watching leaves falling from the trees.
- Black Friday shopping (or avoiding it).
- You can finally start wearing boots again.
- It’s cool enough actually to want to drink hot coffee again.
- Cool-weather = snuggle weather.
- Daylight savings ends, and you finally get that hour of sleep back!
- Going to the pumpkin patch
- Making homemade caramel apples.
- September weekends – the days are still warm, and the evenings are cool.
- Flannel sheets are back on the bed again.
- Sleeping in on a cold, rainy morning.
- Warm drinks to keep you cozy all season long.
- October is the perfect month for a scary movie marathon.
- Foggy skies in the morning.
- Lovely autumn sunsets.
- Those events that can only happen in the fall, like harvest parties and leaf peeping.
- The changing colors of the leaves.
- Enjoying all the wonderful fall produce: apples, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, squash, and more.
- Seeing pumpkins and Halloween decorations in people’s yards.
- Fall is the perfect time to get back into (or start) some new hobbies.
- All the wonderful things that Autumn has to offer!
How to get ready for Autumn before it starts
Excited yet? Here are a few things you can do to prepare for Autumn before it officially arrives.
Bring out your fall décor.
Time to get into the storage closet, basement, or garage and dig out all your fall decorations. Wash anything that needs a good cleaning, make a list of things you plan to buy (like pumpkins and mums), and fluff up anything that got smushed in storage. Get your home ready to welcome the season!
Make sure your home is ready for cooler weather.
Check your windows and doors to make sure they are properly sealed. Clean or replace your furnace filter. Stock up on weatherstripping, caulk, and other materials you might need to keep the cold air out, and get your fireplace cleaned and inspected if you haven’t already.
Stock up on fall essentials.
Pumpkin spice everything; cozy blankets, scarves, and hats are a must for fall. Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice will become your new best friends this season. Make sure you have plenty on hand to bake all those delicious autumn treats. Make sure you have all the essentials to enjoy the season to the fullest.
Plan some fun fall activities.
Whether it’s going for a hayride, visiting a pumpkin patch, taking a scenic hike to see the changing leaves, or just spending time with family and friends, there are plenty of fun things to do in the autumn months. Make a list of activities you want to do this fall and start planning how you will make them happen.
Get your wardrobe ready for cooler weather.
Start going through your closet and putting away all your summer clothes. Bring out your sweaters, jackets, and boots. Donate any items that you no longer wear. Make sure you have everything you need to stay warm and stylish all season long.
Start planning your Halloween costume.
One of the best parts of fall is getting to dress up for Halloween! If you’re going to a party, trick-or-treating, or just handing out candy, start thinking about what you want to wear.
Make sure your outdoor space is ready for fall.
If you have a fire pit, make sure it is ready for fall fires! If you have a garden, start getting it ready for winter. Bring in any patio furniture that you don’t want to get damaged by the cooler weather.
Make sure your car is ready for colder weather.
Get your oil changed, check your tires, and make sure your windshield wipers are in good condition. Cold weather can be tough on cars, so it’s important to ensure everything is in good working order before the temperatures drop.
Start planning some cozy nights in.
One of the best things about fall is enjoying cozy nights indoors. Make sure you have plenty of cozy blankets, pillows, and candles to make your home extra inviting. Start stocking up on your favorite fall comfort foods so you can indulge in a little guilty pleasure this season.
Autumn is a beautiful time of year, so make sure you enjoy it to the fullest! There are so many things to love about the season, so take advantage of everything it has to offer. Enjoy the cooler weather, the changing leaves, the delicious food, and all the cozy moments that make fall one of the best times of the year.
I can’t wait!
Autumn is a wonderful time of year, and there are so many things to love about it. From the cooler weather to the changing leaves, there are plenty of reasons to look forward to the season. So whatever your favorite thing about Autumn is, make sure you enjoy it while it lasts! What do you look forward to each fall?